Wednesday, February 1, 2012

LOA Already, WHAT!

Tis true. I must take a leave of absence from Roller Derby ALREADY! Not by choice and not due to any injuries. Duty calls, and by that I mean, the husband will be gone for a while with the military. And as any good Army Wife would do, I have to cancel things in my life in order to hold down the fort and take care of things at home while he is away. I'm not complaining or anything, really I'm not. This is a way of life for us. My kids need me home at night more than they need to be at the neighbors (kids may disagree here, they love going to the neighbors.)

Since I will have nothing derby related to blog about for the next month or so, I will leave you with this:

I have heard time & time again that the most descriptively true roller derby quotes are  
"roller derby saved my soul" and "roller derby ruined my life." 
It is very time consuming. The hubs has already showed a slight bit of jealousy towards the amount of time I am either at practice, researching derby rules, or looking for awesome new gear online. But we are still new to the game and I am confident that everything will work itself out.

Here are a few phone snaps from the last week or so:

Snazzy new tights!

de agua
Gots to stay hydrated!

Hijacked the hubs army bag.
Gear fits perfectly in here, who knew?

Skates: check, helmet: check, crappy pads (need these): check,
mouth & wrist guards: check, check
*Ready to rock*




14 comments:

  1. *jayrus*
    I always wanted to derby, but I'm already so broke, it's not an option.
    *le sad*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to try belly dancing with you! but I dont see how I can fit it in :(

      Delete
  2. I'm on my way. I'll stay home with the kids. And those pics are awesome. Love the tights. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is that all it takes? Get yo ass down here!

      Delete
  3. Aaaah but what an exciting time consuming hobby! I wish I had the guts to do it. I'm way too nervous though about getting hurt.

    Kudos to the 'good wifey' move though. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it!! You wont regret it! Its not as scary as it seems :)

      Delete
  4. I've heard that RD can be like a part time job! Thanks for visiting my blog the other day. I added your button to my site so I can remember to visit more often! XO
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY Thanks! I'll go snag one of yours too!

      Delete
  5. wish i could join you!! so fun! i need to work off this post baby weight...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it there! I'm tellin' ya, ladies of all ages, shapes, and sizes join all the time. Trust me, the practices will work it off for you! And its a great way to meet some of the most awesome chicks who you would probably never had an opportunity to get to know otherwise.

      Delete
  6. LOVE those tights! And that bag, way jealous! Time consuming--so true. I now have 3 practices a week and it's starting to slowly take over my life hah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats how ours are. Tuesday nights, Thursday nights, and Sunday evenings. Bouts on Saturdays and today I'm going to a few businesses to try to get them to sponsor us. ahhh but its all fun :)

      Delete
  7. hey! so glad you found me! i used to wear 187 knee pads [up until last week!]. they are pretty good, though i did start wearing knee gaskets underneath for extra support...and they are pretty bulky. i recently made the switch to prodesign and love how closely they fit to my body!
    also - i am not a dane owner - the dog you spotted is a lab mix - mixed with what? idk...something HUGE :) [possibly dane? he weighs 100 lbs!]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a feeling I could learn a lot from you! :) Mind if I pick your brain a bit?

      And your pup totally fooled me. I'd say that he just may be mixed with dane. His face looked just like one :)

      Delete

~ ~ Comments are the way to a bloggers heart ~ ~