Sunday, February 26, 2012

Timeline


I was sitting here the other night, thinking about, pondering, and pretty much just trying to remember the past few years of my life.

Isn’t it funny how the things that mean so much to you, seem to escape you at times.  So here you have it. The extremely under exaggerated version of my past and how it all plays into how I ended up here.
~~~

2001: age 19 Met Patrick . . . at Wal-Mart. Little did I know...

2002: age 20 took a huge leap of faith and became his bride. Moved nearly 900 miles away from everything I knew to Savannah, Ga. 

2003: age 21 learned to live alone and in a constant state of fear. The war had started any my new husband was right in the middle of it; Kuwait & Iraq. This would be Deployment # 1 and the beginning of a reoccurring nightmare. 

2004: age 22 became a mother for the first time on May 28 

2005: age 23 Deployment #2 - Iraq; baby and I moved back to Missouri for 6 months.

2006: age 24 Deployment # 2 ended and I became a mother for the second time on September 20

2007: age 25 Deployment #3 for the husband - Iraq again.

2008: age 26 Deployment # 3 ended

2009: age 27 Landon Pigg & Among the Oak & Ash live in Atlanta, Ga. with Jessica  
Deployment #4 started - Afghanistan


2010: age 28 Deployment ended 


2011: age 29 In April, Jess & I went to an Iron & Wine concert in Savannah, Ga. Looooved it. Later, I moved to El Paso, Texas where driving skills are optional. Bought our 1st house and completely love our neighborhood & amazing neighbors. 


2012: age 30 the husband is scheduled to deploy again this year… Deployment #5 is on its way. Blah.

1 comment:

  1. could your blog be anymore mind-bendingly gorgeous? seriously i am drooling over your header. it is amazing.

    your timeline makes me so sad. i couldn't imagine living without my husband for more than a week. kudos, lady :) it takes two really strong people for that.

    i'd love to do an ad swap if you're interested. if so, i'm doing a sponsor post tomorrow. if you want to get in on that you can send me (1) a blurb about your blog, (2) links to your online presence, (3) a photo of you.

    ReplyDelete

~ ~ Comments are the way to a bloggers heart ~ ~