Monday, January 17, 2011

**Craigslist Score**

1st off, I'd like to remind everyone to ALWAYS use caution when using Craigslist. Personally, I never go alone and I try to avoid going to the sellers house, public places are always best. However, I have a confession to make. I broke both of my rules when I 1st started out being a Craigslist junky. I never wanted to seem pushy when communicating with the sellers and I never used to negotiate the price. Boy has that changed! Now, I refuse to go to someones house and I rarely ever pay the asking price. If someone has a dresser listed for $100 don't be scared to email them and offer say $50 or $60. Some of the time I get a counter offer. Either way, I just purchased an item for less than listed.

A few months ago I came across a small table with 4 chairs listed for $45. I bought it for $25. I busted out my handy dandy spray paint and turned the small table and one chair into a desk and chair for my bedroom.



Have I mentioned how much a adore Apray Paint?! No, well its a LOT!! :)



 These are the four chairs that went to the table. 
Cute right? Notice the   embellishments I added to the back of some of the chairs.
Super cheap and uber cute!






The other three chairs I painted and put 2 of them in my kids rooms for their desks and the third I painted with a small table I got from Goodwill for $3. I turned around and sold that small table and chair on CL for a whopping $30. 








1 comment:

  1. newest fan from bloggy mommy, appreciate your visit as well. also just for being a follower you can be entered in my blog's $20 amazon or target gift card giveaway. you can also add your links to my discussion tab on my FB page
    FB http://www.facebook.com/pages/Close-to-Home/190379737645158
    http://stayingclosetohome.blogspot.com
    http://www.twitter.com/stayclosetohome

    ReplyDelete

~ ~ Comments are the way to a bloggers heart ~ ~