Thursday, February 3, 2011

Awkward and Awesome

{Awkward and Awesome: I am #179}

Last week, Ms Sweet Green Tangerine played a game on The Daybook called Awkward and Awesome Thursday. This week, I thought I'd play along :)

-AWKWARD-

- I forgot about my sons school party I was suppose to help out with, sent a teddy bear to school with him for a project on Friday, turns out I was a day late- and I also showed up 2 hrs late to one of his classmates birthday party. All this took place in the SAME week. Yes, I was That mom

-Turning something my 6 yr old son said into a ‘Your Mom’ joke totally backfires when You’re the mom!

-Having a brutally honest daughter who, when in pubic, has no problem telling people if they have body odor, look stupid, or just plain in her way. She is 4 and sassy spirited.

-Getting calls from my sons 1st grade teacher to learn that he is in trouble for teasing a boy by saying the kid was wearing “girl panties with hearts on them”… Oh boy, that was a fun phone call.

-AWESOME-

-Listening to my daughter sing her made up songs titled “I love My Mom”

-Receiving spontaneous hugs from my kiddos

-Accomplishing something I didn’t think I could.

-Snopes. I love looking up things on Snopes.com & finding the occasional true Snope :)

-Good finds at thrift shops = Awesome!!

-Logging on to my blogger to see New Comments and New Followers! - It totally makes my day!!



4 comments:

  1. Awkward and awesome Thursdays are the best! Haha how fun! Love yours! Cute blog, cant wait to catch up on the rest of your posts!
    -karly
    www.karpluwade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry, we all have "that mom" moments. lol love your list :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spirited (sassy) I love that! haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. hehe Thanks for the *awesome* comments! The 4yr old is ... something else. lol

    and becoming That Mom, at least once, is inevitable.

    ReplyDelete

~ ~ Comments are the way to a bloggers heart ~ ~