Friday, October 21, 2011

Upcycle your way home

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia:
Recycling symbol.svg



Upcycling is the process of converting waste materials or useless products into new materials or products of better quality or a higher environmental value.


Once upon a time there was a dress
I mean there was a set of curtains

Upcycled Curtains

It was a dress, but then there was change
Repurpose is now the name of the game

(clearly I've been reading to many children's books)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


You start with this well worn and loved dress:
I liked to wear it with a pair of jeans :)


Then hunt down this handy little tool:





I found these hooks at Big Lots, fairly cheap. I wanted to reuse something in the house as a curtain rod, but wasnt able to find anything. So I bought a tension rod for $2:




From This :


To This :






BEFORE & AFTER

6 comments:

  1. that looks awesome! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the bold colors!

    by the way, somehow my reader lost your posts after you changed your blog name...trying to figure out how to get them back has left me confused.

    great new layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah see, I hate that! I do that all the time tho, find blogs I adore *like yours* then something happens and I lose track of them. Any who, glad your back and I'm off to see what new things you've been working on!

    have you tried bloglovin?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who knew fabric could look like stained glass? So Lovely!! Thanks for sharing this with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks great! It was such a great idea :D

    ReplyDelete

~ ~ Comments are the way to a bloggers heart ~ ~