Friday, November 25, 2011

Thankful

Wow, where have I been this week?! You'd think there was a holiday or something!


This month I have spent a lot of time reflecting on the things I am thankful for.
  1. I am thankful for my health and the health of those close to us.
  2. I am thankful for my husband returning home safely from his 4th war time deployment, one year ago.
  3. I am thankful that he is still home with us and able to spend the holidays together as a family this year. (next year, we will not be as fortunate
  4. I am thankful for my incredibly candid and undeniably entertaining kids. They both amaze me & make me laugh every single day.
  5. I am thankful because no matter where we end up, we explore and find beauty in the things surrounding us.
  6. I am thankful to have the opportunity to experience the many different cultures right inside the US. Someday I hope to do the same in another country.
  7. I am thankful for family and for friends who turn into family. 
  8. I am thankful for my dog. As silly as it sounds, he truly is a good friend to me & to the kids. He is a member of this family and we love him dearly.
  9. I am thankful for people who go into public service. Government, Nonprofit/NGO, International, Consulting, Education. Could you imagine how life would be without them? They have to take on a lot with little recognition and pay.
  10. Lastly, I am thankful for chocolate pie. During the holidays, my grandma Joan often made a chocolate pie special for me because I never liked the other kinds. To this day, I try to always make one in honor of her.

2 comments:

  1. Nice post.Happy thanx giving :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list :) I'm glad your husband could be home. Mine was in Iraq for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and our four year anniversary back in 2007...that was just once and it was awful. My hat is off to you and to him!

    ReplyDelete

~ ~ Comments are the way to a bloggers heart ~ ~