Wow, where have I been this week?! You'd think there was a holiday or something! ☺
This month I have spent a lot of time reflecting on the things I am thankful for.
- I am thankful for my health and the health of those close to us.
- I am thankful for my husband returning home safely from his 4th war time deployment, one year ago.
- I am thankful that he is still home with us and able to spend the holidays together as a family this year. (next year, we will not be as fortunate)
- I am thankful for my incredibly candid and undeniably entertaining kids. They both amaze me & make me laugh every single day.
- I am thankful because no matter where we end up, we explore and find beauty in the things surrounding us.
- I am thankful to have the opportunity to experience the many different cultures right inside the US. Someday I hope to do the same in another country.
- I am thankful for family and for friends who turn into family.
- I am thankful for my dog. As silly as it sounds, he truly is a good friend to me & to the kids. He is a member of this family and we love him dearly.
- I am thankful for people who go into public service. Government, Nonprofit/NGO, International, Consulting, Education. Could you imagine how life would be without them? They have to take on a lot with little recognition and pay.
- Lastly, I am thankful for chocolate pie. During the holidays, my grandma Joan often made a chocolate pie special for me because I never liked the other kinds. To this day, I try to always make one in honor of her.