Thursday, August 9, 2012

the.book.chat What should we read?

Photobucket As always, my book chat prompt is brought to you by Jessica @ SweetGreenTangerine
   Every Thursday.
   Check it out.

This week she asks:
What book should we read?

Good question - when in doubt, pick up a travel book.
   Do Something.
   Go Somewhere.
   Always.

If you are visiting an establishment & you have the chance to have the owners sign your book, I suggest you do so! 
Its all about the memories.
Look at all those glorious tabs. So many places marked, so few actually visited. 
Next on the list: Albuquerque's Balloon Fiesta in New Mexico. Then Carlsbad Caverns National Park, also in New Mexico. 
We may technically live in Texas right now, but we rarely ever explore Texas. New Mexico is right down I-10 and we much prefer to head that direction.  Everywhere I want to explore in Texas is minimum of 500 miles away. I'm tempted to hop on a plane for a two hour flight to Austin... All in due time I suppose.


3 comments:

  1. I've been to the Balloon Fiesta a couple of times and I 100% agree that you MUST see it. I had no concept of how cool it would be until I actually witnessed it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really! You're only make me even more excited to go. I don't know if we can make it this year due to prior engagements, but NEXT YEAR! Ooo yes, Next Year!

      Delete
  2. I do something similar with my before you die book. Everytime I visit a place in the book, I highlight it. I leave it in the car when we hop on a plane. And when we return, all jet lagged and ready to crash, I take out that highlighter (always left in the middle of the book) and add a few colorful lines! It's a ton of fun!

    ReplyDelete

~ ~ Comments are the way to a bloggers heart ~ ~