Sunday, January 20, 2013

wink-wink, nudge-nudge

Hows all the New Year Resolutions going?

I made a few general goals for myself this year. Not included on that list are things like going on a diet and quitting caffeine. Lets be real. Being hungry and going through caffeine withdraw simultaneously will land my ass in jail for murder faster than a pissed of woman can text. This I am sure of.

a few things on my list are:
  • Become a hugger. I know this sounds weird. I get it. But living down here in west Texas, these people hug and kiss on the cheeks when they meet you, greet you and to say goodbye. This may be the norm for some of you,  but I haven't been this intimate with random girls in, well, lets just say its been a while. {Flu season, please stay kind to me.}
  •  Blog only when I want to. I didn't like feeling like this was work because that is not why I started blogging in the first place! If I am uninspired for a few weeks, so be it. I'm not going to feel guilty. I'd much rather come here and blog about whatever randomness my little heart desires than to feel obligated to do so. 
  • Socialize more in real life than on Facebook. What do ya know, I've joined a Pinterest Group and went to my first Pinterest Party Friday night. There was wine (I brought some, to be sure of this) and there were crafts and many many many laughs. I think I'll go again.
  • Watch less trash T.V.  Who am I kidding? I'm hooked. I love me some trash t.v. My latest obsession is Shahs of Sunset. M.J. is my hero and I want to be best friends with Reza too.
  • Finally figure out my style. I may need to enlist the help of a stylist for this one... smh. Some days I stand in my closet and cry.
  • Read those books I bought five years ago. I have some gems on the shelves, I just need to sit my happy ass down and read them. 
  • Pull out and dust off the DSLR. {Nikon, I'm going to use you so hard.} I recently met a brilliant photographer and have been re-inspired. Time to put the iphone down and pick up that sexy beast I call my camera.
  • Go back to school. I start in a couple months. Wish me luck.


7 comments:

  1. All Awesome Goals seriously! Ps you totally have style me on the other hand is a different story. haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heck no, I love your style! Your profile pic on FB is awesome!

      Delete
  2. Hi, I'm the broken record that comes here and always says how much of herself she sees in your words. :-)

    Hugger? OMG, I died when I saw this. I was born there and just never picked it up. It's been a fairly recent(ish) goal of mine, too! Other random thoughts? Social more IRL and blog whenever you want? Yes and yes...get it, girl.

    Good luck heading back to school. I'm sure you'll rock it (and also want to punch someone).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol Serena I dont know you but I love you! We have SO much in common! Next time I'm up in the north east I'm lookin you up! We gotta go for coffee at least!

      And I was on your blog earlier. Have you heard the song
      Thats My Daughter In The Water by Louden Wainwright III. Totally reminded me of your posts! :)

      Delete
    2. Definitely! And thanks for the song rec.

      Delete
  3. i def need to start using my camera more too.

    romantically challenged

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. these camera phone have made it too easy on us.

      Delete

~ ~ Comments are the way to a bloggers heart ~ ~